Clinical Coordinator, Spine Center (NP or PA)
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 193104
Title: Clinical Coordinator, Service Line
Department: Service Line
Posting Date: May 22, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Responsible for ensuring the highest standards of clinical care are provided to all patients through the effective coordination of clinical services. Ensures and facilitates open communication with all staff to promote improved performance within the service line. Serves as a liaison among the physicians, residents, referring physicians, community based hospitals, managers, nurses, patients, and their families in the fostering of patient, physician and referring institution satisfaction. Reports directly to the Senior Director, Ambulatory & Procedural Services on Human Resource issues. Works with physician and administrative leadership on the growth and development of the service line – serving in a blended role of administrator and direct patient provider.
Master’s degree in Nursing and/or graduate of Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies. Must maintain current Massachusetts licensure and certification as Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant with controlled substance authorization. BLS required. ACLS required where indicated in specific service lines. Minimum of 5 years clinical experience and an additional minimum of two years experience in a management or clinical education role required. Experience and ability to provide direct patient management.
- Coordinates care of all inpatient and outpatient service line patients. Develops standard written algorithms to guide patient care. Provides and coordinates clinical feedback and fosters communication amongst nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse managers and nurse educators.
- Identifies quality assurance and research related to the service line patient population.
- Provides direct management of patients as an interdisciplinary team member. Participates in patient rounds, patient assessment, ordering of diagnostic procedures, implementing interventions, coordination of services, and the evaluation of patient responses.
- Evaluates outcomes of patient clinical management protocols and nursing care. Provides direct feedback to nurse manager regarding patient care.
- Directs and supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.