CRNA, AMBULATORY SURGICAL CENTER
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 192903
Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Posting Date: April 29, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Group – 151 Main St, Shrewsbury, MA
Assembles necessary supplies and equipment and administers intravenous, inhalational, epidural, spinal, and other anesthetics prior to surgical or other medical or dental procedures. Monitors patient's reactions and vital signs during and after anesthesia and takes remedial action when warranted. Submits postoperative report on patient's condition, and maintains records of anesthetics administered.
Graduate of an approved Nurse Anesthesia Training program and eligible for the certification examination of the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists. Board Certification must be obtained according to the regulatory requirements of the Massachusetts licensing Board and the guidelines of the Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetist.
- Conducts a complete physical screening assessment utilizing techniques of observation, inspection, auscultation, palpitation, and percussions, as well as proper use of instruments to aid in the evaluation.
- Selects and administers pre–anesthetic medication according to established procedure.
- Requests and evaluates pertinent laboratory studies, pulmonary function studies, including blood gases, respiratory therapy and other appropriate studies under established procedures.
- Inserts intravenous catheters, including central nervous pressure catheters by basilic vein, external jugular vein, internal jugular vein, subclavian vein, or other recognized routs of administration.
- Inserts arterial catheters and performs arterial puncture for blood gases.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.