Benefits Retirement Analyst (Contract)
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 123456
Title: Benefits Retirement Analyst (Contract)
Department: Human Resources
Duration: 6 months+ (possible contract to hire)
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 67 Millbrook St, Worcester, MA
This position reports to the Benefits Director and is responsible for developing benefits databases, and tracking, monitoring, analyzing and reporting benefits trends and variances. Position investigates and recommends solutions to various problems and issues. Data analysis will include health and welfare plans, retirement plans, LOA, as well as self–funded billing functions. Position may serve as project lead on benefits related projects. The position partners with HRIS to perform a variety of complex support activities in the delivery of the employee benefits program. Assists management in identifying opportunities of continual improvement in benefit programs, as well as barriers to change that may limit the success of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Human Resources or an equivalent field and five years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of ERISA governed benefit plans.
- Prior working experience in benefits administration and/or HRIS required with proven ability in benefit systems and program implementations.
- Must have strong analytic skills to create and maintain metrics, reports, and planning schedules.
- Must have proven planning skills to lead projects, establish programs and processes.
- Must have good communications, program management, project management, facilitation, decision–making, critical thinking and listening skills.
- Must have proven problem solving and data analysis experience. Must be self–directed and motivated.
- Must have the ability to multi–task and manage time in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of a variety of office procedures, computer systems and software programs such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Data management experience.
- Develops databases, as well as the process necessary to obtain and maintain intake of data for health and welfare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Tracks and reports benefit data regularly and acts as a resource to the Benefit Department for trending employee usage as it relates to benefits offered, vendor reports and internal systems and databases.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.