Medical Technologist I
Requisition #: 203096
Title: Medical Technologist I
Department: Core HEM
Posting Date: May 12, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 1 Biotech Park, Worcester, MA
Position Summary:Performs and interprets various chemical, microscopic, and/or bacteriologic tests to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Follows established protocols to perform a wide range of test in an assigned area. Refers to Medical Technologist II’s or supervisory or lead staff members for assistance in the interpretation of complex or unusual test results.
- Ensures that test results meet requirements of the laboratory quality control program.
- Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Ensures preventative maintenance for equipment in assigned area. Performs routine troubleshooting, repair, and modification of a wide range of complex equipment and instrumentation.
- Maintains accurate records of tests performed, using computer–based systems.
Bachelor's Degree or successful completion of an accredited four year school of Medical Technology, with ASCP certification as an MT is preferred. Certification to normally be acquired after one year of employment.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.