Cash Application Supervisor
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 213468
Title: Supervisor, Cash Application
Department: Cash Application
Posting Date: March 29, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Health Care – 306 Belmont St, Worcester, MA
Position Summary:Responsible for the day to day operations of the cash application function. Responsible for supervising the activities of cash posting, cash reconciliation, GL posting for both electronic and manual processes, and remittance posting. The Supervisor will train staff and provide positive direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation.
- Oversees all staff in the Cash Application Department to ensure remittances have been processed in accordance with designated key performance indicators.
- Oversees offsite Cashiers to ensure policies and procedures are followed and that work is distributed accordingly.
- Supervises accounting for lockbox deposits.
- Works with all departments to address their point of service cash issues.
- Optimizes knowledge of the relevant software application as it relates to cash control. Coordinates, seeks out and participates in training to improve expertise on the job.
A minimum of an Assoicate's Degree.
Four to six years of experience in a health care business office Patient Accounting position. Two to four years of experience in a health care billing office in a supervisory role. Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Standards of Respect: