Nurse Manager, West 3 Surgical
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 193127
Title: Manager, Nurse
Department: West 3
Posting Date: May 22, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
The Nurse Manager is responsible and accountable for the 24–hour planning, organizing, directing, and coordination of clinical and administrative performance of assigned unit(s). Facilitates collaboration with medical and administrative leadership to assure patient needs are met and evaluates nursing care and patient outcomes. The scope of responsibilities includes clinical and safety practices of nurses and other members of the clinical team, professional nursing practice, leadership and professional growth, human resource management, financial performance, system coordination and clinical performance (safety, satisfaction and quality) improvement.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required with employee currently enrolled in a qualified MSN program.
- Massachusetts Registered Nurse License required.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of the discipline of Nursing.
- Previous leadership/management experience.
- Must possess the interpersonal and communication skills to provide effective participative leadership and to interact with patients, families, physicians, and other visitors and staff.
- Strong analytical skills required to perform various data analysis techniques, review statistical and budgetary information and synthesize information appropriately.
- Minimum 3 years of directly related work experience in the field of specialty preferred.
- Coordinates clinical practice and deployment of resources at the unit level to ensure ongoing implementation of nursing process and adherence to standards.
- Conducts daily patient care rounds, assessing patient care requirements and monitoring nursing & ancillary staff performance to achieve safe, cost effective and quality patient care.
- Directs the oversight of clinical practice through continuity of nursing assignments to optimize the patient plan of care.
- Ensures the nursing process is utilized for each patient and a plan of care is established, coordinated, and delivered to each patient and family.
- Creates and sustains a collaborative, patient–focused environment supporting excellence in clinical and service practices.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.