Advanced Imaging Technologist
Requisition #: 203100
Title: Advanced Imaging Technologist
Department: Radiology - RT Scan
Posting Date: May 6, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Under direct supervision of the Radiology Director, CT Lead and Physician Director of 3D Laboratory, performs specific and specialized duties pertaining to CT/MRI technology, advanced imaging, and education.
- Maintains expert level of hardware and software technology knowledge to make recommendations for advancements within the department; works with the CT Lead on the set-up, installation and initialization of each CT/MRI site and coordination of all service and software upgrades and installation.
- Works with Physician Director of 3D Laboratory to maintain and continually optimize image quality assurance at all CT/MRI and any other modality sites, develops and optimizes routine protocols to streamline patient throughput, assists fellow technologist when scanning clinical cases which require further protocol optimization and/or development, and acts as a resource for all technical problems and troubleshooting at all sites.
- Implements and manages all new applications and procedures; develops training/educational materials, guidelines, on-line educational tools, etc.. Develops references for technical staff and provides ongoing staff development, as needed. Assists in the teaching of both staff and student technologists.
- Performs high quality reconstructions as required by protocol, or as requested by a Radiologist and/or referring Physician (i.e. MIPS, Volume Renderings, 3D models, Colonoscopy and Navigator models, fat calculations and Web based data management of Volume Analysis and imaging, CT/MRI and/or other modalities).
- Works in conjunction with IT Specialist in maintaining Advanced Imaging Database on line and implementing newly developed software into web based applications.
CT experience is a must, MRI is preferred. 3D knowledge would be preferred, as well as knowledge on Syngo.Via, TeraRecon and Medis software. Must be able to work independently.
- Associate's degree in Radiology
- Radiology license in the state of Massachusetts
- Certificate 1 Basic Life Support
- Registration in the American Registry of Radiology Technologist required.
- BLS certification
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous (5-8 years) technologist experience
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.