Facilities Project Manager
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 193858
Title: Facilities Project Manager
Department: Office of Capital Planning
Posting Date: July 29,2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Hahnemann Campus
Plans, designs, and coordinates construction activities for assigned construction and renovation projects across the U Mass Memorial Medical Center system.
Healthcare Construction experience, Project Management experience
Mechanical or Electrical engineer
Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or Interior Design plus at least five years experience managing projects. In lieu of a Bachelors Degree, candidates with five to seven years project management experience, including at least two years managing healthcare related projects will be considered. Knowledge of principles of project management for building construction; experience and proficiency in budgeting and cost estimating; knowledge of the theory and practices of engineering and architecture related to the design and construction of hospital buildings and their mechanical, electrical and other energy systems; principals of design for comfort, ADA accessibility, safety, operationaleffectiveness and efficiency, and convenience of health care buildings.
Thorough knowledge of all applicable building, life safety, fire and health codes and regulations applicable to renovations and new construction including DPH, Joint Commission, Mass Building Code, OSHA, and NFPA is required.
Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to facilitate efficient, productive meetings, the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner and a demonstrated history of satisfied clients is required. Must be able to able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines. Must have project management skills to lead projects with little oversight from management. Must have strong financial background with ability to track multiple disbursements and a demonstrated history of completing project within budget. Must have proven knowledge of reading and interpreting blue prints and related documents. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and one of the leading Project Management programs such as Primavera, Timberline, or Prolog.
- Reports to the Director, Facilities Project Management. Performs a wide variety of duties pertaining to the management of assigned projects including, but not limited to, pre–construction planning through construction phases for UMass Memorial Medical Center System.
- Manages the design and construction process for new facilities, renovations to existing facilities, and major repair or replacement of equipment.
- Manages multiple facilities projects from initial capital request thru project closeout. Coordinates planning and design I of projects in accordance with project program, scope, schedule, contract documents, and budgets. Devises program plans in compliance with hospital policies for Life Safety, Security, Infection Control, and cleanliness of work sites.
- Prepares, issues, and reviews Design Consultant and Construction Management Request for Proposals and all construction bid packages. Prepares for legal review all related contracts. Prepares and coordinates requisition forms for Purchasing Dept.
- Manages construction–planning timelines. Coordinates the work of facilities design team members including cost estimators, facilities system designers and space planners and the capital purchase process.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.