Medical Technologist II
Requisition #: 203567
Title: Medical Technologist II
Department: Core Chemistry
Posting Date: June 24, 2020
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 1 Biotech Park, Worcester, MA
Will accept a Medical Technologist I if a Med Tech II not available. Flexible schedule per needs of the department with every 3rd weekend and Holiday rotation. Must be willing to work Cross Campus once trained.
Position Summary:Works with considerable independence to perform and interpret various chemical, microscopic, and/or bacteriologic tests to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Is fully proficient in the use of all equipment and procedures for an assigned area.
- Follows established protocols to perform various tests, including the most complex, for an assigned area. Provides guidance and consultation to Medical Technologist I’s and Medical Lab. Technicians in the interpretation of complex or unusual test results.
- Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Troubleshoots testing process discrepancies.
- Assists in development new test and quality procedures for assigned area.
- Ensures that test results meet requirements of the laboratory quality control program.
College degree with 60 credits of Science. Lab experience a must, PCR experience a bonus.
Bachelor's degree or successful completion of an accredited four year school of Medical Technology.
Three years of related experience.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.