PERF IMPROVEMENT SPEC/PROJ MGR
Requisition #: 210228
Title: Performance Improvement Specialist/Project Manager
Unit: QA Risk Management Administration
Shift: 40HR Days (8am-4:30pm)
Location: UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital
UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital strives to be the community hospital of choice for patients and the workplace of choice for health care professionals and physicians. We serve as a role model in the community by promoting healthy lifestyle habits such as a tobacco and smoke free campus and the hiring of nicotine free employees.
Summary: Under the general direction of the VP of Quality, Patient Safety and Regulatory this position this Performance Improvement Specialist/Project Manager will support LEAN /GEMBA /IDEA Board and Project Manage initiatives to support operating systems across the hospital.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least 2-4 years working in quality improvement or related fields required; or any combination that provide the ability to perform essential job functions. Experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of LEAN /GEMBA /IDEA boards and PDSA/PDCA methodology.
- Knowledge of concepts and methodologies related to quality of care.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to create a positive environment and motivate individuals and groups.
- Ability to organize people and tasks, even when competing priorities emerge.
- Ability to define realistic and specific goals and objectives, with individuals and groups.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Ability to use or learn Electronic Health Records.
- Ability to project manage projects/initiatives as assigned
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.