Clinical Integration & Patient Flow Coordinator
Requisition #: 202508
Title: Coord, Clinical Integration ; Patient Flow
Department: Emergency Department
Posting Date: June 15, 2020
Hours: 32 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Primary pediatric based position to support quality patient care and patient flow with cross coverage to the adult Emergency Department. Qualified candidates must have previous progressive leadership experience and a minimum of two years critical/acute care pediatric nursing experience.
Position hours from 11a – 7pm including every third Sunday. On call leadership rotation for pediatric and adult Emergency Department required. BLS, ACLS and PALS required. TNCC and ENPC preferred.
Position Summary:The Clinical Integration and Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for directing and coordinating the patient’s progression through the acute care hospital in collaboration with the intradisciplinary care team. This includes the acute care admission, the inpatient stay and discharge stages.Major Responsibilities:
- Leads daily, multidisciplinary care rounds on each patient, promoting interdisciplinary communication and progression of patient–centric plan of care.
- Works in close collaboration with the unit nurse manager to establish priorities and goals.
- Coordinates team huddles during the day and in the evening to review new admissions, patient progression towards goals and discharge plan. Reports huddle outcomes to unit manager.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager/Nursing Supervisor to provide staff based on staffing plans, census and acuity of the unit.
- Assist the Resource/Charge nurse during off shifts and weekends to staff the unit based on census, acuity and staffing plans.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure and registration required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Minimum of two years related clinical experience and at least one year experience in the clinical preceptor and/or resource role. If no BSN degree, must have prior nursing management experience. Demonstrated leadership experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.