Registered Ultrasound Technologist, Women's Health $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 193670
Title: Technologist, Ultrasound Registered-Women’s Services
Department: Women’s Services
Posting Date: July 8, 2019
Hours: As Needed
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center or Group – Memorial Campus
$2,500 sign-on bonus for new hires only
Per diem position. Hours and days will be to the needs of the clinic.
Days: M-F; Hours: 800am-430pm.
ARDMS certification, OBGYN certification-required
Nuchal Translucency certification- required
Fetal Echo certification a plus.
Performs all types of Ultrasound procedures based upon department needs.
Specialized post–secondary training required... Registration required by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), with specific certifications in OB/GYN areas required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates proficiency in OB/GYN areas of responsibility may be substituted for the above requirements providing, as a condition of employment, that ARDMS specific registration and certifications are obtained within 9 months of hire.
- Performs specialized or general procedures according to established AIUM (American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine) guidelines.
- Operates all types of Ultrasound equipment. Performs portable exams, if indicated, in various areas throughout the hospital to include the Operating Room and Intensive Care Units. Records images and makes hard copies if applicable.
- Serves as a resource to Licensed Independent Practitioners (LIP’s) and students.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Maintains
- Clean and safe work area. Reports any hazardous conditions or equipment breakdown to supervisor.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.