Oncology Clinical Coordinator
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 202722
Title: Coordinator, Clinical Outpatient
Department: Oncology Clinic
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Posting Date: April 8, 2020
- Monday thru Friday, exempt position with flexible start and end times.
- Hours of operation 7:30 to 5:00pm
Responsible for directing and coordinating daily departmental function and planning for the delivery of optimal family-centered patient care. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager to manage and direct the implementation of professional nursing practice on a day-to-day basis. Coordinates age-appropriate patient care activities for a defined staff and makes immediate decisions for those areas within the scope of his/her responsibility using knowledge of standards, policies and procedures as they apply to the given area. As part of the management team participates in strategic planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of systems to support and enhance the competence, autonomy, and accountability of the nursing staff. Manages and directs day-to-day work responsibilities for the Ambulatory areas to assure optimal patient flow and satisfaction.
- Coordinates clinical practice and deployment of resources at the unit level for staff to ensure implementation of clinical processes, adherence to standards, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Keeps Nurse Manager informed of nursing workload, changes in patient and employee needs, and other problems.
- Assists in directing patient flow between the assigned Ambulatory areas.
- Assesses the number and competency level of staff in each assigned area and adjusts staffing appropriately to meet patient care needs.
- Facilitates communication between nursing and other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or management experience required.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license and registration is required.
- Minimum of two years related clinical experience and at least one year experience in the clinical preceptor and/or resource role is required
- Demonstrates leadership experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.