Requisition #: 203857
Title: Chief, Paramedics
Department: Emergency Medical Services
Posting Date: 7/1/20
Hours: 40 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Supervises assigned employees and activities for the efficient administration of day-to-day operations and activities of a city-wide primary 911 ALS ambulance service. Coordinates a broad range of related functions to include routine pre-hospital emergency responses, incident command training programs, etc.
- Serves as a liaison between UMass Memorial EMS, City of Worcester and Town of Shrewsbury regarding daily EMS operations.
- Coordinates routine pre-hospital emergency response, and serves as liaison to the City of Worcester and Town of Shrewsbury and others during situations of disaster and/or multiple casualty incidents.
- Develops and implements training programs for staff and other public safety agencies within the service area.
- Maintains familiarity with all EMS equipment, supplies and vehicles, and assists manager in assessing on-going equipment, supply, and vehicle maintenance needs.
- Responsible for completion and submission of all Department sponsored continuing education paperwork.
Current Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and 5 years Paramedic level experience in urban EMS system integrated with a municipal first response system. Current in CPR for Health Care Providers by either the AHA or ARC. Current certification in AHA ACLS and PALS. CPR, ACLS, PALS Instructor certification preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in incident scene management and control using the ICS system. Experience in providing classroom and skill station training. Current Massachusetts Driver’s License. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of a variety of personal computer software such as Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and Access, etc.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.