Certified Medical Office Assistant (Chadwick Internal Medicine) $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 211683
Title: Medical Office Assistant - Certified
Department: Community Medical Group
Posting Date: December 23, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Group
$1500 SIGN-ON BONUS!! New Hires only
Position Summary:Provides patient care by assisting with the implementation of care plans. Takes and records vital signs such as blood pressures, temperatures, height, weight, etc. Performs EKG’s, assists physician and others with clinical procedures such as urine cultures, pregnancy tests, throat cultures, etc. Draws blood. Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office functions.
- Provides patient care. Assesses health status, implements care plans, documents interventions and evaluates patient progress following standard procedures.
- Coordinates patient flow and prepares patient for examination. Takes and records vital signs and EKG’s. Documents intake assessment. Assists physician and others in clinical procedures as required or directed. Performs other basic clinical procedures such as venipuncture. Prepares, documents and administers non–intravenous injections as directed.
- Performs basic office laboratory procedures such as urinalysis, urine culture, hematocrit, sed rate, monospot, pregnancy tests, throat cultures and related procedures. Draws blood as required or directed.
- Triages medical calls as per office protocol. Returns patient calls and documents in patient record as required or directed. Calls prescription and refills as directed. Document prescription calls.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as typing, filing, scheduling appointments, making phone call and related duties as required or directed. Schedules and coordinates patient visits and medical procedures, for both inpatients and outpatients.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant from ARMA, AAMA, AAHA, AMT, NHA, National Center for Competency Testing or the Monty Technical School.
- If certification is not available upon hire/transfer, a Medical Assistant credential must be obtained within 12 months from date of hire/transfer. If credentialing is not obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer, the employee will be terminated, or employee may apply for another position for which they meet the minimum qualifications.
- Once certification is obtained this certification or registration must be maintained.
- BLS Certification
- Knowledge of office and laboratory procedures.
- Requires MA driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to Community Medical Group sites within a specific area. Must be willing to travel outside assigned region occasionally when required to do so.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English in a clear and concise manner.
- Must utilize proper safety techniques and body mechanics in all work related activities.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to gather information from individuals, build relationships that support collaborative work within the clinic and provide exceptional service to patients.
- Must have proven problem-solving abilities for routine situations and request assistance from identified resources when needed.
- Must be able to remain calm when under stress or in emergency situations.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Medical terminology and computer skills.
Standards of Respect: