Manager, Benefits Administration
Requisition #: 202282
Title: Manager, Benefits Administration
Department: Human Resources Benefits
Posting Date: 2/21/2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Health Care - 67 Millbrook St, Worcester, MA
Responsible for implementing, communicating, managing and evaluating the existing 25 employee health & welfare benefit programs, as well as developing, editing and maintaining department policies and procedures. Leads administration of all welfare plans and programs and supports audit and due diligence activities. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements under ERISA. Manages Benefit Call Center staff and team responsible for the successful administration of all employee health benefits. Works in conjunction with Human Resources at member hospitals on projects and plan design.
- Leads the design and management of benefit strategy encompassing health, dental, and other benefit plans in conjunction with the Director.
- Provides optimal leadership for the timely and high-quality execution of all assigned plans.
- In conjunction with Sr. Director, Benefits and other Human Resource members, leads the project review and implementation for all RFPs including Third Party Administrators, Wellness Providers or any other vendors required to effectively measure the success of the health program.
- Manages all regulatory filing requirements (5500’s, SPD’s, etc.) HCR/ACA and ensures compliance of all Welfare Plans including notices.
- Conducts annual budgeting and financial analysis of employee benefits programs and monitors high cost claims, targets problem claim areas, and evaluates causes.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics or Management.
- Must have minimum of six years of benefits/health, welfare plan and compliance, federal and state regulations and filings needed involving COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, FLMA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, and Social Security, Form 5500, and DOL requirements.
- Must have minimum of three years proven experience in a leadership (supervisor/manager) role.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strength in the ability to conceptualize a problem and the analytics to solve it, proven ability and success to use analysis and data to help drive change. Must have strong project management skills.
- Must have excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software experience.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to build relationships with leaders and staff throughout the hospital.
- Must be a role model for benefit team.
- Must have or must complete lean (yellow and white belt) training within one year of employment.
- Experience with collectively bargained agreement.
- Experience with vendor management and basic contract negotiation skills.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.