Clinical Medical Assistant, Cancer Center; 24 hrs
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Title: Clinical Medical Assistant
Department: Cancer Center, Fitchburg Campus
Requisition #: 212311
Shift: Day shift, Open Monday through Friday, Variable start and end times.
Posting Date: 2/4/2021
Location: HealthAlliance, Cancer Center, Fitchburg Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Heath Care system. We’re committed to improving the health of people in our community through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
Provides patient care by assisting with the implementation of care plans. Takes and records vital signs such as blood pressures, temperatures, height, weight, etc. Performs EKG’s, assists physician and others with clinical procedures such as urine cultures, pregnancy tests, throat cultures, etc. Draws blood. Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Job duties specific to this position:
- Provides patient care. Assesses health status, implements care plans, documents interventions and evaluates patient progress following standard procedures.
- Coordinates patient flow and prepares patient for examination. Takes and records vital signs and EKG's. Documents intake questions. Assists physician and others in clinical procedures as required or directed.
- Performs basic office laboratory procedures such as urinalysis, urine culture, pregnancy tests, throat cultures and related procedures. Draws blood as required or directed.
- Returns patient calls and documents in patient record as required or directed by the RN or physician.
- Obtains laboratory results. Ensures results are brought to the attention of the physicians and others as appropriate.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the HealthAlliance-Clinton Four Pillars: Finance, Quality, Service Excellence and People.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospitals and serve as a role model for the CARES- It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of office and laboratory procedures required.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred, plus completion of accredited program in Medical Assisting at an accredited school.
Minimum of (3) three years of relevant experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC. :
Certification as a Medical Assistant is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained.
Standards of Respect: