MGR, PATHOLOGY ASSISTANTS
Requisition #: 203704
Title: Manager, Pathology Assistants
Department: Anatomic Pathology
Posting Date: June 30, 2020
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 3 Bio Tech Park, Worcester, MA
Responsible for coordination of the technical functions and activities in Anatomic Pathology. Performs human postmortem examinations including review of charts, external examination, in situ organ inspection, dissections, and dictation.
- Performs surgical pathology functions including dissection, examination and gross dictation of surgical specimens and performance of frozen sections and surgical gross photography.
- Responsible for scheduling and assignment of personnel for the performance of human postmortem examinations including review of the patient’s chart with supervising Pathologist, external examination, in situ organ inspection, dissection, dictation, demonstration of findings to supervising Pathologist, presentation of Autopsy Gross Conference. Selects and submits tissue sections for microscopic studies, assists in signing out case, (SNOMED) coding. Reviews each Autopsy Report for completion of all required information prior to final sign out by supervising Pathologist.
- Assists in the training of first year Residents and medical students in the performance of surgical and dictation and postmortem dissection and dictation.
- In collaboration with the physician coordinator of quality management for the Department is responsible for establishing a quality assurance/control program appropriate for the scope and tests performed. Establishes the parameter for acceptable levels of performance and ensures that these levels are maintained throughout the entire examination process.
- Coordinates the medical-technical laboratory functions and interacts with section supervisors and department administrator for compliance with requirements of CAP, Joint Commission, DPH and other accrediting agencies. Assists in the development of anatomic pathology departmental manual.
- Masters’ degree or equivalent experience with certification as a Pathologist’s Assistant from a program approved by the American Association of Pathologists’ Assistants.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.