Administrative Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Supervision
Requisition #: 203391
Title: Supervisor, Administrative
Department: Nursing Supervision
Posting Date: June 5, 2020
Hours: As Needed
Shift Length: 12 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Position Summary:Acts as a resource to the nursing staff throughout the hospital. Has full authority to make decisions regarding nursing practice as outlined in the Nursing Practice Acts of Massachusetts within the framework of established unit, department, and hospital policies. Has authority, in emergency situations, to make decisions of a broader scope within this framework as a member of hospital administration; is able to assume responsibility and utilize additional resources available on call as needed.
- Facilitates implementation of the nursing process by providing support and direction and by acting as the clinical and administrative resource person. In emergency situations assumes operational administrative authority.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of nursing personnel in the absence of the responsible nurse manager or clinical director/associate director of nursing. Assumes responsibility for in coming sick calls and notification of units as required. Assigns/reassigns nursing personnel including critical care and acute care float personnel according to patient acuity/staffing changes. Anticipates patient care needs on the following shifts and takes appropriate action to meet those needs. Directs nursing staff to appropriate resource personnel for management of patient care problems.
- Assigns one–on–one Observation Assistants and maintains an up to date list of patients requiring one–on–one observation (University Campus).
- Utilizes non–nursing, on call, personnel as appropriate (Memorial Campus).
- Responsible for bed management/admission process in the absence of the admission controller and in conjunction with UMMHC, physicians, Life flight, outlying/affiliated health care systems and the admissions department.
2-4 years current experience in an acute care/tertiary care facility. Sound knowledge of current general nursing theories and techniques. Knowledge of current management principles and 2-3 years in nursing management.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.