Affiliate Practitioner, Resident PA
Requisition #: 203069
Title: Affiliate Practitioner, Resident NP
Department: PA ICU RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Posting Date: May 1, 2020
Shift Length: 12 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Group
The resident PA or NP practices under the general supervision of a physician. His/her scope of practice includes: obtaining a complete medical history; performing a physical examination; ordering and interpreting laboratory tests and imaging studies; formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan; prescribing and/or dispensing medication; assisting in surgery or other invasive procedures; and counseling patients and families under supervision of a physician. In addition, the Resident PA or NP is required to participate in a program of instruction provided by the Program, and is expected to satisfy the academic requirement of this Program, as determined by the Program Director and the Medical Director.
- Performs and documents a complete history and physical examination, including review of the available medical record, to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and imaging studies.
- Participates in daily inpatient rounds and records daily progress notes.
- Requests consultations and communicates with consultants.
- Performs routine bedside procedures as described in the “Delineation of Privileges”.
- Bachelor Degree and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program are required.
- The employee must have a current license, issued by the Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner Board of the Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services; current NCCPA and/or ANCC certification; Massachusetts Controlled Substances registration (or eligible); federal DEA Controlled Substance registration (or eligible), BLS and ACLSE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.