Cash Control Specialist - RADIOLOGY ($1500 SIGN-ON OR REFERRAL BONUS)
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 213269
Title: Cash Control Specialist
Department: Professional Billing Central Billing Office (PBCBO)
Posting Date: March 30, 2021
Shift Length: 8
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Responsible for cash reconciliation and communication with Finance department.
- Verifies and sorts the daily lockbox deposits according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares lockbox deposit detail by payer. Reconciles lockbox cash deposited to lockbox cash posted on a daily basis.
- Logs out all posted batches to ensure all deposits are posted to appropriate patient accounts.
- Reviews Central Billing Office (CBO) agent deposits and ensures that checks are deposited into the correct account.
- Reconciles tape remits to lockbox deposits. Determines manual posting amount required per check. Ensures that all posting is completed and updates prepared spreadsheet for filing.
- High School Diploma
- Three years of experience in a medical/cash-processing environment required.
- Familiarity with cash reconciliation processes.
- Strong numeric keystroke skills.
- Knowledge of third party carrier remittances.
- Computer skills to include PC applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Standards of Respect: