Requisition #: 202685
Title: Administrative Assistant
Posting Date: April 1, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Performs duties requiring advanced level secretarial and administrative support skills to assist the head of a division or corporate function. Assists executives by relieving them of details and administrative duties. Work is of a confidential nature requiring a broad understanding of UMMHC policies and practices; requires expediting critical matters and effectively interfacing with all levels. May coordinate the work of secretarial and clerical staff.
- Performs the following lead duties to coordinate activities and assigned personnel:
- Plays a lead role in implementing new or revised systems and procedures. Performs basic trouble-shooting and provides feedback on process improvements.
- Orients new employees, trains employees in new procedures and provides on-going instruction as appropriate.
- Relays work instructions provided by supervisor.
- Schedules, distributes and monitors the flow of work for assigned group of employees.
- Provides recommendations to manager or supervisor for the most efficient utilization of assigned personnel.
- Provides information regarding employee job performance to supervisor.
- Assists in ensuring that employees are provided with appropriate resources and methods.
- Reports employee problems or unusual occurrences to the supervisor.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of secretarial/administrative support experience.
- Software used: Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, database.
- Additional applications software such as for project management, scheduling, budgetary control, etc. may also be used.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.