Cardiac Technician I
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 191871
Title: Technician, Cardiac I
Posting Date: February 27, 2019
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
1. Three 8 hour days where staffing is needed between University and Memorial campus
2. Weekend rotations
3. Holiday shifts and oncall rotations
Preferably familiar with MUSE application
Has experience with obtaining manual blood pressure
Telephone skills in communicating with patients
Performs a variety of standard duties and tests to assist in the evaluation and treatment of cardiac patients. Assists in the evaluation and treatment of cardiac patients, including application of cardiac monitors and the associated patient teaching.
High School diploma or certificate. One year previous hospital/community experience. BLS certification required. Basic arrhythmia competency is expected to be completed within one year. Ability to effectively utilize computer information systems. Working knowledge of medical terms, abbreviations, and symbols. Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to provide information to patients, and to prepare accurate documentation.
- Obtains and reviews patient history information prior to testing. Prepares patient and explains the procedure. Answers questions within scope of authority and alerts the physician or nurse to patient questions or concerns requiring their attention.
- May assist in answering phone, scheduling appointments, retrieving files, and relaying messages to clinicians, resident and staff.
- Performs EKGs, edits directories & performs basic computer tasks in MUSE Cardiovascular Information System.
- May complete billing as required.
- Performs exercise tolerance testing, including patient prep and explanation, under the direction of the physician.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.