Sterile Processing Supervisor (Nights)
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 190364
Title: Supervisor, Sterile Processing
Department: Surgery/Central Sterile
Posting Date: June 12,2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center –Memorial Campus
Performs, plans, directs, and supervises all aspects of Sterile Processing Department services.
High school diploma or GED certification required. Current certification as a certified Central Processing Tech by a recognized certification agency is required. Minimum of two years SPD Tech III, and/or comparable supervisory experience is required. Must demonstrate expert knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, inventory management & case cart management. Proficient oral and written (English language) communication skills required in order to fulfill documentation requirements associated with the position. Demonstrated proficiency in computers is required. Must have effective interpersonal skills to work well with others.
- Directs and supervises assigned personnel. Performs performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Performs and plans the activity in all areas within Sterile Processing Department: equipment, decontamination, processing, instrument assembly, sterilization, and cart assembly.
- Supervises the operation and effectiveness of all equipment, taking corrective action where necessary in a timely manner.
- Supervises and coordinates activities involving cleaning, sterilizing, inspecting, storing, and distribution of sterile articles, including instrumentation and case carts to and from the Emergency Department, Main Operating Room, Day Surgery Unit, Hahnemann OR, Inpatient Nursing, Labor and Delivery Units and Ambulatory Clinics.
- Verifies all required documentation performed as required by staff assigned to shift: sterilizer printouts, BI incubator logs and charts, for sterilizers within the SPD area and OR’s. Corrects staff performance as indicated.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.