Requisition #: 202273
Title: Pathology Assistant
Department: Anatomic Pathology
Posting Date: March 5, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 3 Biotech Park, Worcester, MA
Position Summary:Responsible for carrying out technical and functional activities in Anatomic Pathology.
- Performs gross surgical pathology functions including dissection, examination and gross dictation of large and small surgical specimens, performance of frozen sections photomicrography of cytological and histological preparations, and gross photography.
- Selects and submits tissue sections for microscopic examination, i. e. frozen and pertinent sections for light, electron and immunofluorescence microscopy, tumor bank and special studies.
- Maintain tumor bank specimens.
- Assists in microscopic sign–out of surgical cases.
- Assists in the training and teaching of residents and post–sophomore fellows in the performance of surgical and decedent pathology functions, including dictation, dictation, performance of frozen sections, and photography.
Bachelor's degree with certification as a pathologists assistant from a program approved by the American Association of Pathologists Assistants.
Minimum one-year pathology experience.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.