Human Resources Business Partner, Community Hospitals
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 204105
Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center
This position may require travel and support of multiple sites - University Campus, Memorial Campus, HealthAlliance-Clinton Leominster Campus, UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital etc.
Serve as a strategic partner for all HR matters in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Develops and fosters trusting relationships with all levels of management and employees within the organization to gain support for Medical Center initiatives and achieve results. Advises clients on performance management and provides guidance to line management. Regularly reviews and makes recommendations to management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices. Responsible for the planning, coordination, development, implementation and administration of policies and programs covering all human resources functions with an emphasis on employee relations and labor relations. Acts as a business partner and consults with managers and others to assess clients’ needs and to review the quality of the Human Resource Department’s services.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Human Resources or an equivalent field and five years of relevant experience. Requires knowledge of human resources theory, principles and practices. Working knowledge of such disciplines as the recruitment function, training, compensation, employee relations, labor relations, and benefits administration. Must have good communications, program management, project management, facilitation, decision–making, critical thinking and listening skills. Must have prior Employee Relations coaching/mentoring expertise, as well as a functional understanding of the organization. Must have proven problem solving, mediation and analysis experience. Must be self–directed and motivated. Must have the ability to multi–task and manage time in a complex environment.
- Advise and coach managers and employees in assigned client groups in the application and interpretation of Human Resources policies, labor union contracts, and employee relations. Mediate problems between managers and employees. Participate in the grievance process, labor management meetings, arbitrations, MCAD claims, and all other legal proceedings. Advise clients on performance management, EEO/diversity, transfers, and terminations.
- Conduct in–depth investigations regarding employee relations matters; including but not limited to: EEO, sexual harassment, hostility and violence in the workplace, domestic violence, impairment and drug diversion. Make recommendations regarding terminations and disciplinary action.
- Assess critical situations and make sound decisions to involve additional resources including Police and Security, EAP, and emergency mental health, to ensure a safe work environment.
- Assist managers in the development and implementation of employee relations efforts designed to build trust and enhance employee engagement. Recommend and ensure appropriate documentation, training and corrective action plans when necessary.
- Act as advocate and advisor to employees and leaders regarding career and leadership development initiatives.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.