Medical Technologist II
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 203569
Title: Medical Technologist II
Department: Core Chemistry
Posting Date: June 24, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 1 Biotech Park, Worcester, MA
Position Summary:Works with considerable independence to perform and interpret various chemical, microscopic, and/or bacteriologic tests to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Is fully proficient in the use of all equipment and procedures for an assigned area.Major Responsibilities:
- Follows established protocols to perform various tests, including the most complex, for an assigned area. Provides guidance and consultation to Medical Technologist I’s and Medical Lab. Technicians in the interpretation of complex or unusual test results.
- Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Troubleshoots testing process discrepancies.
- Assists in development new test and quality procedures for assigned area.
- Ensures that test results meet requirements of the laboratory quality control program.
Bachelor's degree or successful completion of an accredited four year school of Medical Technology.
Three years of related experience.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.