Radiology Technologist II, CT Scan
Requisition #: 201257
Title: Technologist Rad II – CT Scan
Posting Date: December 18, 2019
Hours: 20 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Schedule will consists of eight hour shifts, two days one week, three the other with flex start time from 2pm to 3pm and one weekend a month, 2nd shift, 3 holiday a year..
Position Summary:Prepares patient for exams as required and insures patient comfort and modesty at all times. Performs Computerized Axial Tomography Scan procedures according to department procedure using standard C.A.T. Scan equipment to apply prescribed ionizing radiation in order to assist physicians in the screening and diagnosis of patient illness and injury for patients of all ages. Performs related tasks such as assisting patients in positioning for correct anatomical exposure, maintaining order and cleanliness of work area and performing routine clerical tasks. Works as technologist and performs duties in other areas and/or modalities as necessary.
- Provides care for the psychological and physical needs of patients for C. A. T. scans. Prepares patient for exams as required and insures patient comfort and modesty at all times. Obtains and reviews the requisition for C. A. T. Scan. Properly identifies patients according to the NPSG. Reviews Radiologist imaging protocol, patient questionnaire and medication home list before any procedure is performed.
- Participates in transfer of patients if needed, positions and instructs patients regarding the procedure in order to obtain the desired diagnostic image and results.
- Follows all department established and appropriate policies and procedures as required. Makes changes and adjustments to techniques as required by observance of Radiologist to obtain a high quality study with the lowest possible dose.
- Provides protection to unaffected areas of the body from radiation exposure utilizing lead shields in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Performs complex specialized tasks associated with the performance of CAT scans. Sets up and operates CT Scanner for all CT interventional studies, which include biopsies, drainage, aspirations, and spinal injections.
Experienced Registered CT technologist with ability to work in a fast pace environment. Seimen's 128 experience preferred, Epic EMR and Agfa PACS working knowledge preferred.
Remaining requirements according to job description.
ARRT certification in Radiology is required. RTR licensure in Commonwealth Massachusetts is required. BLS certification is required.
CT modality requires a Sub-specialty (CT) certification within 1 year of employment. Maintaining all area specific CEUs for ARRT, DPH according to regulation is required.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.