Requisition #: 202671
Title: Dietitian Clinical
Posting Date: March 25, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Temporary position for 5 months
Position Summary:Responsible for the nutritional care of patients on assigned units and/or clinics and education of hospital, school and community groups in regards to the science of nutrition.
- Screens patients according to level of need, assigns level of care and performs nutritional assessments of patients in assigned unit and/or clinic.
- Interacts with other members of health care team, such as physician, registered nurse and pharmacist, to facilitate and deliver effective patient care.
- Formulates nutrition care plan using laboratory data, medical diagnosis, etc. and documents findings in medical record within designated time frame.
- Recommends appropriate parenteral and enteral formulas based on diagnoses and lab data. Recommendations include macronutrients, additives, and fluid.
- Writes Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) orders in accordance with UMMMC Center-Wide Policy 2524 (Registered Dietitian/Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD-LDN) Order Writing).
Bachelor's Degree from ADA approved four year program in Food and Nutrition or related field. Current registration with Commission or Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency, of the American Dietetic Association, required.
Ability to influence the quality of patient care in an advisory capacity to the physician and other health care team members. Demonstrated skill in analyzing problems and making decisions. Strong written and oral communication skills. Massachusetts state license (LDN) is required for outpatient dietitian positions, preferred for inpatient dietitian positions.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.