Certified Medical Assistant ($1500 SIGN-ON BONUS)
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
We are hiring Certified Medical Assistants, offering a competitive salary and benefits and a $1000 sign-on bonus payable after 30 days of employment. Locations: Northborough, Shrewsbury, Westborough, Marlborough
Locations: Northborough, Shrewsbury, Westborough, Marlborough
Provides patient care by assisting with the implementation of care plans. Takes and records vital signs such as blood pressures, temperatures, height, weight, etc. Performs EKG’s, assists physician and others with clinical procedures such as urine cultures, pregnancy tests, throat cultures, etc. Draws blood. Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant from ARMA, AAMA, AAHA, AMT, NHA, National Center for Competency Testing or the Monty Technical School.
- If certification is not available upon hire/transfer, a Medical Assistant credential must be obtained within 12 months from date of hire/transfer. If credentialing is not obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer, the employee will be terminated or employee may apply for another position for which they meet the minimum qualifications.
- Once certification is obtained this certification or registration must be maintained.
- Provides patient care. Assesses health status, implements care plans, documents interventions and evaluates patient progress following standard procedures.
- Coordinates patient flow and prepares patient for examination. Takes and records vital signs and EKG’s. Documents intake assessment. Assists physician and others in clinical procedures as required or directed. Performs other basic clinical procedures such as venipuncture. Prepares, documents and administers non–intravenous injections as directed.
- Performs basic office laboratory procedures such as urinalysis, urine culture, hematocrit, sed rate, monospot, pregnancy tests, throat cultures and related procedures. Draws blood as required or directed.
- Triages medical calls as per office protocol. Returns patient calls and documents in patient record as required or directed. Calls prescription and refills as directed. Document prescription calls.
Standards of Respect: