Certified Surgical Technologist $2500 Sign On Bonus!
Requisition #: 201474
Title: Technologist Surgical Certified
Department: Operating Room
Posting Date: Jan 2 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
2 (8hr) shifts
2 (12hr) shifts
Rotation, weekends, holidays and call according to contract.
Position Summary:Under the direction of the RN circulator as dictated by the standards in the Medicare Conditions of Participation for surgical services, assists surgical teams during operative procedures in scrubbing for all physicians in assigned services. Arranges and inventories sterile set up for operations. Assists in preparing moving and positioning patients. Performs sterile scrub procedures and related activities such as preparation and draping the patient and operative area. Passes instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies in accordance with hospital policy and procedure. Participates in the turnover of operating rooms.
- Demonstrates independent functioning and proficiency in the scrub role in all cases in assigned specialty on an ongoing basis. Scrubs for all physicians in assigned service area, providing high quality evidenced–based clinical care with minimal supervision. Promotes teamwork within the team by formally precepting co–workers.
- Prepares the Operating Room for cases. Selects and checks case cart and preference cards for correct instrument pan(s), packs, sterile supplies and additional items needed for the case.
- Anticipates need for special equipment and supplies before procedure and requests it from the circulating nurse. Sets up back table and Mayo tray with instruments and supplies according to the procedure and surgeon preference card. Performs surgical count with circulating nurse according to UMMMC surgical count policy.
- Responds to needs of surgeon and other team members. Assists operative team and anticipates needs of the surgeon and/or assistants during cases including the need for special equipment and supplies. Remains constantly observant of the operative field, recognizing emergency situations and performs emergency procedures as directed. Utilizes a variety of OR equipment such as microscopes, CUSA, steam sterilizers, suction, compressed air/gas, etc.
- Passes and tracks instruments, sutures, and supplies during procedures. Labels all medication and solutions on sterile field. Monitors sponges, needles and instruments throughout the case. Cares for specimens to prevent loss or damage. Uses caution when handling specimens to ensure proper anatomical identification.
Successful completion of an accredited school of surgical technology having obtained the required surgical technologists certification as of the date of hire. All Surgical Technologist Certified employees will have obtained a surgical technologist credential administered by a nationally recognized surgical technologist certifying body accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies and recognized by the American College of Surgeons and the Association of Surgical Technologists. Maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification every two years. Maintains AST membership, required educational units and AST certification.
Thorough knowledge of a specialized and technical field of Surgical Technology.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.