Client Services Representative
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 194734
Title: Client Services Representative
Department: Hospital Lab Support
Posting Date: September 10, 2019
Hours: As Needed
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 1 Biotech Park, Worcester, MA
Flex, cover weekends, holidays and days off for all staff and all shifts.
Under the direction of the Manager and Supervisor of Customer Service performs a variety of administrative duties including: dissemination of results, answering questions regarding specimen requirement, specimen collection procedures, turn–around times, and coordinating the delivery of electronic and paper reports.
Equivalent to a high school diploma plus 1–3 years of additional training or experience in clinical laboratories, or physician office setting preferred. Lab–testing knowledge, familiarity with medical terminology, excellent PC skills, and excellent customer service preferred. Sales, medical or non–medical call center experience preferred.
- Handles customer contact received by telephone regarding specimen requirements, turn–around times, results, specimen collection procedures, requested changes in testing, verification of test orders, and nursing home and home draw requests.
- Provide accurate, courteous, and timely communication with our customers.
- Initiates customer contact to communicate results for critical values, custom calls, STAT, and customer request call and/or fax testing, and test cancellations. Enters the actions performed into the computer system upon completion as necessary.
- Processes the mailing of paper reports via local and remote printer via Laboratory Information System and other laboratory departments.
- Receiving and relaying scheduling from patient care providers regarding PTH Turbo testing and communicates patient information and DOS to Chemistry Department via email.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.