Epic Support Specialist / Credential Trainer
Requisition # 203880
Title: SUPPT SPEC/CRED TRAINER EPIC
Department: EPIC OPERATIONAL
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center, 100 Front Street, Worcester, MA.
Generally a Monday-Friday schedule, but occasional evening and weekend support may be asked.
Responsible for providing training and support to end-users related to all IS Applications. Successfully completes and maintains credentialing in assigned applications and serves as trainer and/or classroom support where assigned. Leverages both technical and clinical workflow understanding to provide remote or in-person problem resolution for users and supports a variety of initiatives. Documents and escalates issues to third level support team if needed for resolution. Proactively investigates and applies best practices and stays current on regulatory requirements related to the healthcare industry.
- Supports end users onsite at UMMHC facilities by providing at-the-elbow assistance. Gathers information to understand the problem and educates the user on how to accomplish the desired task. Submits tickets on behalf of end users when unable to resolve the issue at hand. Works collaboratively with Superusers to vet issues and ensure internal education and collaboration with internal resources.
- Completes rounds at assigned facilities. Rounds include checking with clinical and support staff to address questions and/or issues they are experiencing with Epic and related clinical applications, following up with previously provided support assistance, and completing rounding checklists in the appropriate timeframes after assigned initiatives.
- Completes and maintains Credentialing in assigned applications.
- Delivers Epic training to new hires and providers in a classroom, as assigned.
- Captures and documents details and troubleshooting steps of an issue to identify resolution and/or escalate as needed. Utilizes ticketing system to track, route problems and requests, and document solutions.
Required: Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day; strong multitasking skills and passion for helping others
Preferred: Experience as an Epic Superuser and/or Credentialed Trainer; Healthcare experience/ability to appreciate the clinical workplace; Experience with patients and/or customer service; ability to react to variable work environments between office and clinical locations; previous training experience a plus.
Required: Associate Degree
- BA/BS degree
- Credentialed in Epic Applications on version 2018
- Minimum of 1 year of healthcare experience (clinic, hospital, or health system), including knowledge of clinical workflows and terminology
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in clinical system training and support, knowledge of end user devices, and familiarity with Epic and other ancillary clinical systems physicians use to support their workflow
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and Office 365
- Ability to think abstractly beyond basic data requirement
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Communicates effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner to achieve those objectives
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Experience using a ticket system to track incidents
- Experience as a superuser or support for Epic implementations
- Experience with instruction/education.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.