CRNA, Ambulatory (Per Diem)
Requisition #: 200498
Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Posting Date: October 22, 2019
Hours: As Needed
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center or Group – University Campus
Position Summary:Assembles necessary supplies and equipment and administers intravenous, inhalational, epidural, spinal, and other anesthetics prior to surgical or other medical or dental procedures. Monitors patient's reactions and vital signs during and after anesthesia and takes remedial action when warranted. Submits postoperative report on patient's condition, and maintains records of anesthetics administered.
- Conducts a complete physical screening assessment utilizing techniques of observation, inspection, auscultation, palpitation, and percussions, as well as proper use of instruments to aid in the evaluation.
- Selects and administers pre–anesthetic medication according to established procedure.
- Requests and evaluates pertinent laboratory studies, pulmonary function studies, including blood gases, respiratory therapy and other appropriate studies under established procedures.
- Inserts intravenous catheters, including central nervous pressure catheters by basilic vein, external jugular vein, internal jugular vein, subclavian vein, or other recognized routs of administration.
- Inserts arterial catheters and performs arterial puncture for blood gases.
Graduate of an approved Nurse Anesthesia Training program and eligible for the certification examination of the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists. Board Certification must be obtained according to the regulatory requirements of the Massachusetts licensing Board and the guidelines of the Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetist.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.