Director, Human Resources - Marlborough Hospital
Title: Director, Human Resources
Location: UMass Memorial Health Care - Marlborough Hospital
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. We are the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, with access to the latest technology, research
- UMass Memorial Medical Center (Worcester)
- Clinton Hospital (Clinton)
- HealthAlliance Hospital (Leominster and Fitchburg)
- Marlborough Hospital (Marlborough)
Responsible for the development and effective delivery of Human Resources consultation and the administration of Employee Relations and Employment programs. Reports to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, CHRO and assists in the development and administration of human resources strategies and oversees the day‑to‑day Human Resources operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, or a related area.
- 8 to 10 years of related experience.
- Must have a thorough and broad working knowledge of human resources principles and practices, the ability to develop and effectively manage human resources programs for a large, complex organization, and excellent management and communication skills.
- Manages the human resources function and implements human resources strategies. Oversees day‑to‑day operations of the department. Presides over Human Resources management staff meetings and represents Human Resources at senior management meetings and provides direction to Human Resources management and staff on a variety of issues at Marlborough Hospital.
- Provides managerial direction and guidance to Human Resources Generalists for the delivery of effective human resources services to assigned client groups. Such services include, but are not limited to, employment, employee discipline and complaint processes, ensuring fair and consistent administration of compensation programs, providing basic benefit information, employee counseling, performance management coaching, supervisory skills coaching, and ensuring compliance with the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Develops and carries out major projects to integrate a variety of human resources programs with other entities. Areas of attention can include, but not to be limited to, the merger of union and non‑union work forces, union avoidance strategies, the redesign of benefits programs to include pension plans, employment programs, employee health services, Human Resources policies, and work force transition strategies.
- Ensures the collaborative efforts among Human Resources and departmental management to foster an organizational climate conductive to positive employee morale and a high level of productivity.
- Fosters collaborative efforts among Human Resources management to ensure the effective delivery of a broad range of programs which are appropriate to the organization's needs.
- Serves as a resource to the CHRO and to senior management at Marlborough Hospital, providing advice on a variety of matters involving human resources strategies and policies.
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.