Accounts Receivable Follow-Up Specialist
Requisition #: 202431
Title: Accounts Receivable Follow-up Specialist
Department: Hospital Billing, AR Follow-up
Posting Date: March 9, 2020
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Health Care - 306 Belmont St, Worcester, MA
Position Summary:Responsible for resolving outstanding no–response and post–appealed accounts receivables in the circumstance that balances have not been adjudicated and performing all related tasks.
- Performs follow up on accounts that have not been initially adjudicated by the payer utilizing assigned work queues and prioritization standards,
- Follows up on open receivables after appeal has been submitted by Denial Specialist and Payment Variance Specialist.
- Utilizes payor technology and resources to support account resolution activities.
- Follows established protocols to ensure all documents are scanned in appropriately.
- Maintains current knowledge of payer response time.
Able to Multi-task, proficient with Payer Web sites, Word, Excel. Excellent attendance and work ethics.
A minimum of a High School diploma required.
Minimum of one more years of experience in health care billing functions. Previous health care billing experience required. Experience in accounts receivable follow up process required. Ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and in timely manner. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.