Clinical Office Secretary, PT Plus Whitney Field; Day
Title: Clinical Office Secretary
Department: Physical Therapy, PT Plus
Requisition # 204097
Shift: Variable as follows: 2 days each week 10:30am to 7:00pm; and 3 days each week 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Posting Date: 07/15/2020
Location: HealthAlliance Rehab Services, Leominster/Whitney Field
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Heath Care system. We’re committed to improving the health of people in our community through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Clinical Office Secretary, Rehabilitation, performs a variety of clerical, clinical and administrative support duties to help foster the efficient functioning of an outpatient clinical office or department. Coordinates efforts of all office staff to ensure all clinical, insurance and financial tasks are completed in an accurate manner within the established guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Welcomes and checks in patients.
- Collects co-pay charges from patients and provides receipts for payments. May deposit co-pay cash into bank account and maintain and reconcile records of collections and deposits.
- Ensures ongoing accuracy of demographic and insurance information for all patients.
- Communicate with patients to schedule new and recurring visits and to fill occurring vacancies in schedules. Records daily schedule of visits into the Epic (or similar patient scheduling/billing) system.
- Maintains work schedules for therapists and contacts patients to minimize vacancies in their schedules.
- Obtains/verifies referral from insurer for treatment, workers compensation information, plan of care approvals, etc. and records in computer-based system. Notifies therapist of any significant changes. Coordinates efforts with Clinical Scheduling department.
- Posts charge code information for treatments given into the Epic (or similar patient scheduling/billing) system daily.
- Sets up medical records for new patients/treatments ensuring complete information prior to first visit. Maintains orderly medical records and closes out record to Health Information Services at the end of treatment.
- Obtains patient’s signed consent prior to treatment.
- Orders and maintains adequate office supplies for the department or office.
- Maintains weekly timesheet record of hours worked and processes to Payroll.
- Incumbents working in off-site offices drive motor vehicles to deliver and retrieve medical records, payroll checks, deposits of money at banks, etc.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical duties such as sorting and distributing office mail, answering phone calls, taking and relaying messages, faxing, copying and sorting printed material, setting up and retrieving filed materials, etc. May produce and respond to memos, email messages, etc.
Job duties for all positions:
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital and serve as a role model for the CARES - It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance and attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, a clean, safe work environment.
- Actively contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee populations. Supports and encourage diverse points of view, work and lifestyles.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The ability to use a computer-based patient scheduling/record/billing system, such as Epic, to record and maintain demographic, scheduling and billing related information.
- The ability to learn new software applications.
- The ability to maintain accurate records.
- Strong attention to detail including the ability to follow up.
- Good customer service and communications skills.
- The ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
High School Diploma required.
1-2 years experience in a clinical office setting.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC. :
Mass. motor vehicle operator’s license is required for those employees in “off site” office that are required to drive to pick up and deliver records, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.