Clinical Inpatient Coordinator, Maternity-Delivery (L&D)
Requisition #: 203600
Title: Clinical Coordinator, Inpatient
Posting Date: June 22, 2020
Hours: 36 hours
Shift Length: 12 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Labor & Delivery Nursing Experience Required
Position Summary:Responsible for directing and coordinating daily departmental function and planning for delivery of the highest quality of safe patient care. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager to manage and direct the implementation of professional nursing practice on a daily basis.
- Coordinates age–appropriate patient care activities for a defined staff and makes immediate decisions for those areas within the scope of his/her responsibility using knowledge of standards, policies and procedures as they apply to the given area.
- Conducts daily patient care rounds, assessing patient care requirements and monitoring nursing staff performance. Reviews documentation and addresses non compliant standards with staff.
- Assists with the coordination of patient satisfaction initiatives on the unit. Evaluates performance through patient and family interviews and review of HCAPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) reports. Communicates with staff recognizing achievements and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates daily operations to assure appropriate staffing, optimal patient flow, bed management, and productivity to meet or exceed budget. Keeps nurse manager informed of nursing workload, changes in patient and/or employee needs.
- Collaborates with the nursing leadership team in the strategic planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of systems to support and enhance the competence, autonomy, and accountability of the nursing staff.
Experience in L&D nursing required
Bachelor's degree in nursing or management experience and current Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure and registration required.
Minimum of two years related clinical experience and at least one year experience in the clinical preceptor and/or resource role. Demonstrates leadership experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.