Food Service Worker, Food Services; Day/Eve
Title: Food Service Worker
Department: Food Services
Requisition #: 204240
Shift: Wednesday through Friday 10:45am to 7:15pm, plus Saturday and Sunday 6am to 2:30pm.
Posting Date: 7/27/2020
Location: HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital, Leominster Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Food Service Worker is responsible for a variety of functions within the Food Services Group. Food Service Workers typically work in stations where duties include food and tray preparation, patient tray set up, serving cooking, grill work, general kitchen clean-up and dish-washing, and cashier responsibilities.
- Performs tasks related to cold food preparation. Weighs, cleans, peels, cuts, measures, mixes, and inspects food for serving and storing. Uses a variety of utensils and tools.
- Properly stores food, using knowledge and guidelines of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- May prepare salads, cold sandwiches, desserts and patient trays.
- May take customer orders and serve food on plates or trays.
- Sets up and stocks stations with food, beverages, supplies, condiments and utensils.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables. Breaks down, cleans and sanitizes stations at end of meal period.
- Interacts with customers and patients when serving or delivering food.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage, work and serving areas.
- Cleans, washes and sanitizes dishes, utensils, pan, tools and equipment by hand or machine following established procedures.
- Cleans dining room before during and after meal hours per established procedures. Tasks include wiping tables, cleaning chairs and ensuring an orderly appearance of the dining area.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Operates a cash register, receives payments of cash or charge from customers. Makes change and issues receipts. Verifies the accuracy of transactions.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Follows shift instructions and completes task lists and other records as required.
- Wears appropriate uniform and protective clothing required by the department or governmental regulations.
- Cross trains to work multiple stations.
- Meets established productivity standards.
- Facilitates and promotes the sharing of knowledge and content throughout departments.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the UMass Memorial Health System True North.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital and serve as a role model for CARES values.
- Adheres to change control processes.
- Participates in cross training to optimize department resources.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains and fosters an organized, clean and safe work environment.
- Contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required or directed. Keeps current with hospital and unit changes by reading communication boards and/or books, bulletin boards, posted notices and reads and responds to e mails on a regular basis.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions.
- Ability to calculate numbers (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and correct entries using an electronic cash register.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information and food service policies or information in manner easily understood by the customer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- Ability to understand and comply with food service policies and procedures especially safety and cleanliness.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Six months’ previous food service or healthcare experience preferred.
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.
Standards of Respect:
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.