Cardiac Technician I
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 201147
Title: Technician, Cardiac I
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Posting Date: December 24, 2019
Hours: 32 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
- Preferred to have experience with manual blood pressure and performing EKG
- Position will include rotational weekends, holidays and on-call is required.
- Variable hours depending on assignment (day shifts)
As the UMass Memorial Cardiac Technician you will perform a variety of standard duties and tests to assist in the evaluation and treatment of cardiac patients. Assists in the evaluation and treatment of cardiac patients, including application of cardiac monitors and the associated patient teaching.
Major Responsibilities:Position Qualifications:
- Obtains and reviews patient history information prior to testing. Prepares patient and explains the procedure. Answers questions within scope of authority and alerts the physician or nurse to patient questions or concerns requiring their attention.
- May assist in answering phone, scheduling appointments, retrieving files, and relaying messages to clinicians, resident and staff.
- Performs EKGs, edits directories ; performs basic computer tasks in MUSE Cardiovascular Information System.
- Provides coverage for ASR as needed.
- Performs exercise tolerance testing, including patient prep and explanation, under the direction of the physician.
- Preferred to have experience with manual blood pressure and performing EKG.
- Basic arrhythmia competency is highly preferred
- High School diploma or certificate is required.
- BLS certification required.
- One year previous hospital/community experience is required.
- Basic arrhythmia competency is expected to be completed within one year is required.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer information systems.
- Working knowledge of medical terms, abbreviations, and symbols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to provide information to patients, and to prepare accurate documentation.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.