Click here to enter text.
The Product Specialist is responsible for understanding and documenting software requirements to enhance solutions and products. The Product Specialist assists with tests and quality assures programs, application modules and products of increasing complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques.
- Assist in the design and requirements for new products.
- Provide analysis and consulting support for development and support employees.
- Communicate information in the form of User Stories that support user needs, program functions, test cases and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- May research and analyze projects for new features based on system requirements defined by business system's owners.
- Design requirements and documentation with foresight for the future maintainability and growth of the software.
- May act as a liaison to clearly communicate ideas between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Test and validate program modules of increasing complexity to meet specifications and
- Conduct thorough and accurate testing of web-based applications.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- Embrace learning and growth to gain expertise and grow in position.
- Occasional travel required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Scope and Impact (Accountability)
The Product Specialist is expected to produce output on time and with a high level of quality on projects which align customer needs to software enhancements and releases. The Product Specialist provides context to system requirements and contributes to backlog refinement. The Product Specialist works within parameters, using pre-established systematic processes. Impact of work may affect other projects and deadlines.
The Product Specialist must be able to:
- Understand requirements and information, based on input from a variety of sources.
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Exhibit efficient management of time, tasks and priorities.
- Maintain a positive team player attitude.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic and focus on work, tasks, and priorities.
- Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly and effectively/professionally with peers, management, Development, Support and other departments within the company.
- Manage multiple tasks at once while staying calm and on-pace.
- Learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Constantly learn new business processes.
- Proactively listen to client feedback and determine the best way to meet the requirements.
- Adapt to changing product and environments.
Education, Experience and Special Skills
- Bachelor's degree Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience using Agile SCRUM development processes is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle and associated methodologies helpful.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work tasks effectively.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team as well as across functional groups.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel occasional if requested.