Product Owner - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity:
The Product Owner is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and accurate functionality of the product. As Product Owner will capture feature requests, schedule releases and coordinates sprints, identify user needs, understand the business value and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. The Product Owner also leads all aspects of development of marketing campaigns and strategies for assigned organizational products or product lines. The efforts of the Product Owner are important for Tucows to deliver products according to needs of our customers and help make our company strategy reality.
- Leads research and development activities relating to the design and development of software products and qualification or re-qualification of new and existing products.
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products.
- Collaborates with partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with cross-functional teams and various partners, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and customer support.
- Turns data insights into products with meaningful outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and results, and finds opportunities and risks.
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to advise the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Develops, owns, and executes product roadmap.
- Works with user-focused departments to define the self-service user experience, support, and monitoring for customers.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of partners.
- Owns the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Validated knowledge in market and customer research
- Should be a specialist in forwarding thinking, market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Should be able to develop effective relationships and operate with senior level management.
- Can think out of the box and recommend solutions to product problems
- Oral and written communication skills. Leadership skills. Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the field's concepts and principles. Performs complex tasks typically following established processes.
- Drives innovation in the consumer services/products space. Experience leading and partnering with CX, UX and development teams.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 6 years validated experience.
- Balance of technical knowledge and business sense
- Customer first mind set
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and encourage partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.