Information Security Specialist
- Flexible work arrangements and a supportive team (you'll never feel alone!)
- Continuous learning and development programs
- Career growth - receive mentoring, coaching, and support to progress your career
The key purpose for the Information Security Specialist (ISS) is to support the world-leading Trustwave solutions and services to meet the client’s specific requirements; or to support an Information Security Advisor (ISA) or number of ISAs in delivering outcomes to customers. Each client's requirements differ slightly/significantly from client to client as there are variable client and contractual requirements.
The ISS is a hands-on technical or analyst role providing configuration changes, technical analysis on data or products. The ISS provides information and context to the ISAs and also provide observations and recommendations for key decisions in the area of security, which may include operational technical support, and other duties in support of the client and / or the primary ISA on the account.
Common activities include:
- Analyse escalated, complex cases involving a pattern of security events from SIEM, and other security data sources. Splunk experience is preferred.
- Resolve intractable technical problems within managed security solutions as part of a sustained improvement project.
- Create, improve, and document processes for the management and monitoring of security solutions.
- Tune devices for reporting based on customer business need.
- Configure, manage, and upgrade Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms.
- Baseline threat detection devices for unique customer environments.
- Test and improve detection methods.
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Participate in security incident response process when required.
- Develop a reporting framework to communicate key data points vertically and horizontally.
- Provide a single point of contact to the account management and delivery teams for all operational security related reporting for the customer account.
- On a regular weekly basis, meet with the account team to review security reports, status, review any risks, issues, incidents, and outstanding activities.
- Ensure that opportunities to improve security are identified.
- Offer executive-level presentations for the account or client management and proactively keep Trustwave senior leadership abreast of all account concerns.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Must have skills/knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Advanced Knowledge and experience of SIEM Technologies (Logging, monitoring, Triage, reporting, Security Incidents processes) is a must
- Information Security Operations
- Project Engagements
- Technical knowledge of some common technologies (SIEM, Endpoint, Vulnerability Management)
- Information Security Standards and Regulations
- Data Analytics – able to review data and provide insights.
- Three to five years of technical experience
- Experience in aspects of delivering projects.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complicated data sets and scenarios
- Having good communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Self-motivated team player who can work to contribute to the Trustwave team success
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Certification(s) in Security Sector (CISSP or similar) an advantage, but not required.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.