SecureTrust, a Trustwave division, leads the industry in innovation and processes for achieving and maintaining compliance and security. SecureTrust delivers world-class consulting, compliance and risk assessment services and solutions for the enterprise market as well as tailored merchant risk management programs and solutions for merchant program sponsors around the globe. For more information, visit www.securetrust.com
- Develop and manage project plans to deliver SecureTrust’s products and services to our clients based on the requirements defined in the Statement of Work.
- Manage client expectations and project scope closely.
- Develop and manage project plans for internal SecureTrust projects.
- Identify internal resources necessary to execute the project, meeting the clients expectations and defined deliverables.
- Develop communication plans including status reporting frequency, format and approach.
- Transparently communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders either through critical path or milestone and deliverable reporting.
- Manage and report project risks to relevant stakeholders based on the clients risk appetite.
- Conduct lessons learned reviews at project close, create a recommendations report identifying successful and unsuccessful project practices.
- Facilitate team and customer meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Possesses general understanding of Payment Card Industry Compliance Standards and Data Security Practices.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application and/or impact for our customers.
- Inspire team members to attain goals and strive for excellence.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Coach, mentor, and supervise team members.
- Motivate team members to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- Manage day-to-day customer interaction.
- Set and manage customer expectations.
- Develop lasting relationships with customer personnel that foster additional opportunities.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Experience in defining project scope and objectives
- Experience in developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Experience in conducting project meetings
- Experience in recommending and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Prefer strong expertise using Netsuite
- Strong verbal and written skills are mandatory
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
SecureTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.