Founded in 1995, Trustwave are focused on helping our customers fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce risk. Whether our customers are small businesses or Fortune 100 enterprises, the people at Trustwave are advisors and partners. Recognised as a leading Cybersecurity, Threat Detection and Managed Security Services provider we offer a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education. Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com
Sales Engineer (Pre-Sales)
About the team
We’re Thinkers, Innovators and Team Players and we’re defending our customers one professional at a time with an award-winning Cyber Security solution portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the primary technical resource throughout the sales process. Core duties include proposing, designing, and presenting technical security solutions that address a customer’s business and technical requirements. The Sales Engineer (Pre-Sales) will report to a Systems Engineering Manager, and will work with closely with the Security Sales Specialist, Account Managers and Solutions Architects to close business and ensure customer satisfaction. This is a great career opportunity for a talented technical professional interested in working at one of the cyber security industry’s global top 10, award winning and fastest growing companies.
• Proactively and effectively identify customer needs, understand business issues and drivers behind specific request
• Build and deliver custom presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions
• Possess the knowledge and expertise of Trustwave solutions and services
• Work closely with Product Marketing and Management teams to stay current on all Trustwave product features and offerings
• Provide input to Product Marketing on client needs and industry trends for product enhancements
• Assist in the preparation of RFP responses and deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management
• Recognized as technical point of contact and technology/market expert by customer
• Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products
• Provide continuous knowledge transfer to the sales force regarding technical aspects and benefits of Trustwave’s products and services
• Ensure successful on-site and remote product evaluations (POC)
• Ability to leverage a commercial understanding to drive a on point technical outcome for new and existing customers
• Significant professional experience in a sales engineering, technical account management or professional services role, focused on supporting sales to Enterprise accounts
• Interstate travel up to 30% to client sites within SA
• Strong communications skills for product demonstrations and presentations to technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent written skills for RFP responses, proposals, pricing, and gathering technical requirements
• Ability to understand and solve complex technical challenges
• Self-motivated to follow customer questions to closure
• Ability to drive RFP/RFI response process
• Experience in building and maximizing territory for revenue growth
• Strong knowledge and experience in either Data, Network, Cloud or Application Security domains, EndPoint Security, Incident Response, Forensics, Threat Detection
• Experience with Managed Security Services strongly preferred but not essential
• Strong understanding and experience with technology from one or more security vendors e.g. Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Splunk, LogRhythm, Akamai, Netskope
• Extensive knowledge in the use and configuration of multiple operating systems
• Knowledge in the use and configuration of various security countermeasures and industry practices
• Knowledge of other security technologies helpful, e.g. DLP, SIEM, NAC, WAF, NGFW
• Candidates with one of more of the following Certifications with have an added advantage: CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, or QSA
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.