Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, announces an opening for an Operations Engineer to join Trustwave's Engineering Team in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Operations team of the Global Application Services group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 3+ years of systems administration experience, scripting and programming knowledge, and experience managing application infrastructures on a large scale. The Operations team is the division of Engineering that manages all production environments for our client-facing applications.
- Employing knowledge of Windows operating systems to ensure best practices around the installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, maintenance & monitoring of production servers.
- Management of private/public cloud-based environments through automation & configuration management tools.
- Constantly monitor uptime and diagnose and resolve performance issues across various platforms and products.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to systems design, configuration, support and processes.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of knowledge of Microsoft Server products and tools and can demonstrate experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in the installation, configuration & maintenance of Microsoft Server distributions
- Knowledge of server-side technologies (IIS, .NET, MSSQL, SMTP, BIND, OpenSSL)
- Solid understanding of private/public cloud environments, preferably experience using the VMware suite of products and/or Amazon/Azure cloud offerings.
- Demonstrated experience in the support, monitoring and capacity planning of resources in production environments.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis of application bottlenecks in conjunction with engineering/development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in automation techniques through scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, etc.), orchestration (Ansible, MCollective, etc.) and/or configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.).
- Understand and troubleshoot network issues involving services between applications and servers traversing firewalls
- Engineering high-availability systems/environments
Additional preferred skills:
- Knowledge of container-based infrastructure technologies and tools (Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes, Ceph, Prometheus).
- Familiarity with common server architecture (RAID, SCSI, SAS) and common vendors (DELL, HP).
- Basic knowledge of Linux server technologies.
- Other third-party certifications a plus.
- A passion for uptime
- Ability to work with development teams and synthesize infrastructure requirements from application needs
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.