Consulting Account Director – Canberra (6497)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Hivint, now a part of Trustwave (an Optus company), is growing at a rapid rate. Everyone's voice matters here. We aren’t looking for passengers, we’re looking for those interested in an opportunity to develop their skills and experience in information security and make a real difference. In return for your commitment we will develop you personally and professionally in the company of competent colleagues, and you will have a professional development budget at your disposal each year for just that. We also want to recognise and reward your ongoing efforts and have a range of ways of doing that, from an annual bonus, to cake ceremonies (we love cake) or a special night out. But best of all, we’ll give you a hoodie, honey and some socks and are happy for you to dress casually when working in the office.
As a Consulting Account Director within our Canberra team, this role has ultimate relationship and engagement accountability for one or a small group of Trustwave’s high value accounts. In doing so the requirement will broadly be to lead the delivery of high value consulting projects at key clients, building strong client relationships resulting in growth in revenue and market share within those accounts. In a leadership role you’ll be a sales person, a trusted cybersecurity advisor, a people manager, a project manager and a mentor. This role is specifically focused on the Human Services portfolio.
- This role will help to build out the delivery team servicing the portfolio, and will be the project lead and subject matter expert for major consulting projects. The role is anticipated to be 50% billable, with remaining time spent on pre-sales, client and team management activities, and industry engagement and presents a unique opportunity to lead one of our fastest growing client accounts. You’ll also have an opportunity to work alongside some of Australia’s most experienced and successful cyber security thought leaders, doing work that you really care about.
- You’ll primarily operate within your local swarm and region, but you won’t be operating in isolation. We maintain a national and international capacity and collaborate on many internal and customer facing engagements, so working with other team members across Australia and globally will feature. We’ve identified some of the key values that make our staff different:
- Client First - Be the trusted advisor to our client
- Responsibility - Take ownership to get things done
- Execution - Do your best work
- Act with Integrity - Integrity is the bedrock of what we do
- Transform - Drive Innovation
- Exchange Ideas - Collaborate to win as ONE team
- You’ll be at the epicentre of a clients’ security consulting discussions in order to help formulate their strategy and business issues identification and resolution; provide input to the company account plan to develop and manage the strategic relationship with the client’s senior management, and act as a trusted advisor in transforming the client’s business.
- Overall project management and leadership of major projects at a key client account
- Delivery of consulting tasks at a strategic level – defining and solving complex untested problems
- Must have a constantly evolving & updated view of the client’s business and industry in order to offer an opinion or view in a commercial environment.
- Juggling and management of conflicting requirements and priorities reflecting the need for Hivint to navigate the client’s business environment to deliver the right outcome every time and on time
- Constructs visual models/whiteboard during informal & formal commercial meetings.
- Create roadmaps describing ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ customer environments.
- Facilitate workshops or co-facilitate client events.
- Identify risks and assumptions and shape project governance.
- Work on pre-sales opportunities to create valid business cases.
- Develop proposals for clients to solve identified problems.
- Quality assurance of deliverables produced for your clients.
- Management of a team of between 5 - 10 staff delivering cyber security consulting projects in your client account.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 10 yrs relationship management experience within the IT or Cyber Security industry with at least 5 years at a senior executive level.
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in a relationship/strategic selling environment. This experience should include experience in the development of long-term business relationships.
- Experience in the Human Services portfolio, or similar Federal Government portfolios will be highly regarded but is not essential.
- Experience in shared services environments will be highly regarded but is not essential.
- Cyber security subject matter expertise - flexibility in delivering a wide range of cyber security consulting and advisory services
- A proven track record in acting as a trusted adviser to clients in order to transform their security programs.
- Proven – and preferably formalised – project management experience
- Industry recognised certifications will be highly desirable
- Familiarity & experience of being based remotely/on client sites in order complete the deliverables Trustwave has committed to.
- Strong & demonstrable analytical problem solving skills.
- A strong communicator both in client facing situations and in writing.
NOTE: Due to the nature of this role, applications will only be considered from those who have Australian Citizenship.
Why join us?
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. When you join Trustwave, you join a unique global family with more than 25 years of history focused on helping you shape and grow your career. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and industry vision that has helped assure our products and services are always on the very forefront of technological development. When you ride the wave, you’ll work with a group of people who share common goals, are driven by a similar passion, and value the expertise of their peers. Want to know what’s it’s really like to work for us? Please check us out here: https://cutt.ly/life-at-tw
Following on from December 28, 2018, Hivint was acquired by Trustwave, an Optus company. Trustwave has invested heavily over the last few years and recently announcing the pooling of cybersecurity capabilities from Singtel (and Optus), NCS and Trustwave under the Trustwave brand. Trustwave is taking a genuinely innovative and disruptive approach to the information security consulting industry, building the business around our collaboration portal www.securitycolony.com. For more information, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.