Research Engineer, Trustwave Research
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.The candidate should be passionate about applied research and development of innovative security technologies. With a strong desire to work on problems with real-world impact and commercial value, the candidate will conduct high quality applied research by working closely with a team of security domain experts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulate security research problems based on real-world requirements and industry needs
- Conduct research, developing innovative solutions that results in new intellectual properties
- Work on multiple projects, as individual contributor
- Develop high-quality prototypes, and assist in productizing or integrating solutions with products for commercializing of next generation security technologies
- Contribute to cyber security business directions and go-to-market strategies
- Bachelors/Masters degree, with background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; and preferably having experience in security and data analytics
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in Applied Statistics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Strong development skills in state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: Network security, System security, Anomaly and threat Detection, and Security log analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly motivated, independent and resourceful team player
- Strong analytical thinking, interpersonal and problem solving skills
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.