Junior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
Trustwave (www.trustwave.com) helps businesses fights cybercrime by providing services and technologies that allow them to achieve information security and compliance. This includes secure email and Internet management solutions that integrate content filtering, compliance, secure messaging and archiving, to protect businesses against email and Interest-based threats.
Trustwave’s Auckland Office, is the development center charged with producing and updating these email and internet management solutions. The Quality Assurance (QA) team is responsible for validating that the products meet specified requirements, and to help ensure product releases are achieved within planned timeframes.
This is a technical testing role requiring an understanding of the underlying technologies in use and their interaction.
The Junior QA Analyst is responsible for working, within a cross-functional Agile “Scrum” team, under the guidance of the QA Manager, to
• Identify and complete assigned testing tasks
• Help ensure the requirements of the release are met
• Follow the testing process for specific product releases
• Interpreting requirements and specifications by developing effective Test Cases and timeframes
• Executing Test Cases
• Logging incidents
• Investigating and reproducing reported incidents
• Reviewing and contributing detail to existing logged incidents
• Communicating with all members of the Scrum team throughout the testing cycle
• Collaborating with other QA Analysts to improve testing tools and processes, for improved efficiency and effectiveness
• Collaborating with the Scrum team to improve process, efficiency and effectiveness
Key Performance Criteria
• Test Cases are executed and defects are logged
• Testing tasks are “done” within the defined “Scrum” framework and timeframes
• Updates are communicated to the appropriate team members throughout the testing cycle
• Contributions are made to improve testing efficiency and effectiveness
• The Tester’s skills, knowledge and experience are developed to improve their ability to contribute to the goals of the Team and the Company
The candidate is expected to have or be able to quickly obtain the following:
• A Computer Science or similar qualification or experience
• At least 2 years of work experience in a testing role; a keen interest in QA is essential
• Experience testing Windows applications and using Windows operating systems
• Good documentation skills
• Experience with SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, Mail, Web and Proxy servers
• Experience with DNS, AD, LDAP, IIS, Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
• Experience using virtual machines
• Experience working with batch files, JMeter, Selenium, Postman, SpecFlow, Perl, Ruby or similar, PowerShell, C#, or Visual Studio
• SQL Server queries and simple understanding of database architecture
• Administration of Jira and related Atlassian products
• ISTQB, ISEB, MS Azure or similar certifications
• Resourceful, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people of varying technical ability
• Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks, responsibilities and time
• Ability to work as a Team Player, in a cross functional team in an Agile Scrum environment
• Ability to understand the target audience and how the products are used
Formally reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, but also accountable to fellow Scrum Team members in a flat team structured environment.
Working from a spacious, comfortable and modern office building conveniently located in the Greenlane business district, with easy parking and multiple public transport options. Trustwave’s Auckland office enjoys the benefits of being part of a large multi-national company, while maintaining a collaborative ‘start-up’ type atmosphere owing to a relatively small number of people at this site, operating within an Agile Software Development Framework.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.