Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our content analysis products on a daily basis, as well as interaction with other teams with regards to product development. You will also be involved in the technical specifications of future versions, and be a liaison into the QA team.
- Develop and maintain our content analysis products and associated dependencies to internal coding standards
- Liaise with members of the QA team during development and testing
- Liaise with our technical support team to resolve customer issues
- Research new technologies to determine their applicability to the product
Key Performance Criteria:
- Development according to product release schedules
- Code quality and commenting
- Production of technical documentation for internal use
- Computer science qualification, or similar
- Solid knowledge of C++ and C++ 11 and above
- Experience in ATL, STL
- Experience in C# development (including .NET core)
- Understanding of software design patterns; both object-oriented and functional
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with concurrency and multithreading
- Ability to work with complex legacy code
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Understanding of SMTP, HTTP, and common Internet protocols
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with Boost
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience in Microsoft SQL / TSQL programming
- Experience with HTTP, TCP/IP and DNS
- Experience with Active directories, LDAP, Microsoft IIS
- Previous experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people of varying technical ability
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks, responsibilities and time
- Ability to work as a Team Player, in a cross functional team in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to understand the target audience and how the products are used
Formally reporting to the Development Lead, but primarily accountable to fellow Scrum Team members in a flat team structured environment.
Working from a spacious, comfortable and modern office building conveniently located in the Greenlane business district, with easy parking and multiple public transport options. Trustwave’s Auckland office enjoys the benefits of being part of a large multi-national company, while maintaining a collaborative ‘start-up’ type atmosphere owing to a relatively small number of people at this site, operating within an Agile Software Development Framework.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.